Euro Truck Simulator 2
Buy Euro Truck Simulator 2 Steam CD Key
|Price history for Euro Truck Simulator 2
About the Game
Covering a wide swathe of Europe and the UK, the map stretches from Aberdeen to Milan, from Plymouth to Wrocraw, and it is your job to cover as much of the map as possible in order to thoroughly explore the sand-box-style game. The map keeps track of your travels and it can take up to 160 hours to fully explore every last inch of the road.
While you can explore freely, you are given quests and missions to complete in order to stay on the road and in good driving condition. The game is loosely based on the economics of a delivery driver, and the lure of cold hard cash will get you out of bed and onto the road.
What’s the Story?
Start off small, as a delivery driver for someone else, and slowly work your way up until you have enough cash to be your own boss. This process can be sped up by going to your back and getting a fat loan to buy everything you need to hit the big time right away.
Gradually you can work your way up to being the boss of a large delivery fleet with multiple trucks and drivers under your employ
The physics engine is superb and your brain will be fooled into thinking that you are actually driving, even as the bumps and ruts on the road seem to travel through your very seat!
The scenery is fantastic, if slightly fictionalised, with plenty of variety both on and off the road. You have to stay sharp to keep an eye on other traffic, while the road turns and bends unexpectedly and yet accurately. Do not expect to see your favourite corner or roundabout though, the game does take some liberties with real life. But unless you live in that exact area, it is unlikely that you – or anyone else – will become too distressed with this breach!
Custom Paint Job
Since the game’s release there have been a number of upgrades and expansion pack, some of which include being able to customise the look of your vehicle. This can be a permanent paint job, or you can dress your truck up temporarily: for Halloween or Christmas or any other special occasion.
Being able to give your truck a unique look really helps you to engage with the game and makes you feel invested in doing you best at all the missions and challenges. Plus it’s fun!
Truck Models to Choose
There are a number of types of truck that the players can choose between:
- DAF: Originally styled DAV until the licence came through, there are two types of DAF truck to choose from in the game. Either truck will work well for players who are fans of the massive vehicles
- Mercedes-Benz: (Majestic until the licencing issues were sorted). The game features five different Mercedes’ vehicles, of which two are AI cars, one is a dump truck and the remaining two are drivable trucks. Perfect for those who love Mercedes’ smooth rides and effortless power
- Iveco: (Ivedo) Choose between two horses to get your deliveries where they need to go. There is also a cargo truck (which can be either a piece of cargo or an AI vehicle on the road)
- Volvo : (Valiant) Volvo seems to predominate with five vehicles spread between being drivable trucks, cargo items or AI vehicles. The companies trademark solidity and safety translate well to the small screen
- Scania: Four of these well-known trucks are available for you to choose, with at least two of them doubling as cargo items
- Renault: Two trucks and six AI vehicles or cargo items make up the French car manufacturer’s contribution to the game
- MAN: Two drivable trucks give you a solid driving choice that will get you there and back without any stress or issues
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is available for purchase on Instant Gaming for a fraction of its retail price. You will receive an official key and be able to play the game in seconds. Play smart. Pay less.
There are currently 36606 players playing this game on Steam
19 October 2012
- OS:Windows 7
- Processor:Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)
- Hard Drive:3 GB available space
- OS:Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
- Processor:Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
- Memory:6 GB RAM
- Graphics:GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)
- Hard Drive:3 GB available space